Thursday, October 11, 2012

Hello Friends!

I've been playing around with ye olde Blogge this morning. The reasoning being that I am back in school and should be writing a paper on nursing theories and diffusion of innovation, and needed something to use as a procrastinating tool. In a couple of weeks I should be obtaining a brand new personal laptop on which to do schoolwork, so most likely I will be back to active blogging! (when I should be schooling.) Aren't you pumped!? Woot woot!
Now, I know my life has been greatly downgraded in the drama department, which is great for me but not so great for interesting and tragic blogging. BUT I feel my normal, happy, busy life of mormon mom/nurse/student is still worth recording, if only for posterity and my own entertainment. Yes, reading the highs and lows of half marathon training and potty training is not the same as updates on super babies being born and fighting joyfully through their chaotic, terrifying, wonderful, worth every moment lives, but to everything there is a season. And this season is calm.
So if you are still around, feel free to drop in and say hi, visit my nutso kids and I. We are still here, pluggin along, and know you are too. And that's awesome.

First of all: Happy Birthday to my Dear Ella Bella! Four years old today. This morning Ava announced "Ella has to go to her next party today!" Yes it has been a week. Monday she had a few pals over for cake and a snake hunt in her African Safari themed bash. Wednesday she took donuts to school and had a song sung to her. She confided in me the Target donuts were no good, and she gave hers away. Huh. And today she is enjoying her first ever field trip at preschool with Grandma and Grandpa, then she is going to Arctic Circle for lunch, and tonight she is going to dinner and getting MORE PRESENTS. Including the big one, which is a bike with pedals. (Not a balance bike, which she pointed out is missing pedals and the cheapo one I bought her last Christmas never left the back porch. Hooray.) Also she got a bathrobe she's very proud of.

School: I'm back in school at Western Governors University getting my Masters of Nursing Education. And we will see where that leads in 2014.

House: Our house never sold. It's still on the market but...eh. There are currently four town homes for sale on our street, and one is a short sale, and for the same price you can have a stand alone house with a big backyard in the neighborhood. So....eh. The experience has taught me to keep a cleaner home, to make the bed each morning, and organize better. And it's made me realize how much I like our town home with it's unfinished basement for storage and high ceilings and brand new plumbing and big garden tub, and fire sprinkler system and general newness. And I do love my bedroom. I will miss my bedroom when the time comes to leave. But looks like that's still a couple years down the road. Which is fine.

Running: Next half marathon is October 27. Thank goodness it's downhill. I am not quite so prepared as I was for the last one. I think I will survive, but not with flying colors.

Fall: I LOVE FALL! It's the best. Enjoying pumpkin patches, cornbellys, my new cozy sweatshirt dress, and preparing to dress as a Pirate Family for Halloween. Ava insists she is going to be Mr. Smee. Hmmm.
And now I will really study for a minute.


2 comments:

Allison said...

Hooray you are back! I was going to bug you about not blogging awhile ago but didn't want to add pressure to your busy, busy life. Mommy blogging is totally worth doing even if it's not nearly as exciting. Ava will be the perfect Mr. Smee.

Emily said...

I am happy you are back in the blogging world! I always enjoy reading the tales of your very busy life!