Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Ha ha! Turns out there isn't an endless supply of storage space on computers. My computer refuses to download one more picture until I get rid of some other ones. Huh. Might get to that sometime this year. You will have to wait for pictures of my kids playing with chalk on the front porch. I know, right? Hard to bear.

Rest assured that we are well and happy. It's incredible how much peace and relief I get once February ends. Like the 12th (or 16th) week of pregnancy....or the 41st week of pregnancy really. Like the last day of call, like the final guilt inducing girl scout cookie, like flopping into bed after a tedious day, face scrubbed and bite guard in place. Ahhhhh. Some things you just got to push through.

And once you finish enduring, you can start moving forward. Now that it's warming up we can start finalizing and getting Lily's headstone carved, no more chalking it in on our visits. My kids are hilarious and learning every day, I'm learning every day, and getting healthier than I've been in years. Feeling good. Hoping for a continued quiet, uneventful 2012. Just for awhile. Let's just be normal.

And enjoy conversations such as the following:

Ella: Mom, Owls go to sleep when the sun comes up.
Me: Yup.
Ella: And they are not turtles.
Me: Right...
Ella: I like turtles though.
Me: ...
Me: Wait...do you mean they are nocturnal?
Ella: Yeah, owls are not turtles but I like turtles too. And owls.
Ava: COCONUT!

Till next month...

4 comments:

katherine said...

awesome. not turtles. love it!

i hope things stay just nice and normal for a while for you too!

Jenny said...

Wow, that made no sense at all, and it was FANtastic! Don't you love what little kids say? hahaha We're in UT for a couple more weeks, but we'll be back in August for more therapy. I'd love to see you, but August may be easier. What do you think?

Allison said...

there you are! no blog pressure. Just be normal. can't wait to see you guys.

Kim Robbins said...

You are my hero!!!