Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Things I would do with a couple more hours in the day:

Keep up my blog
Bag up all the tiny baby clothes in the house
Clean my refrigerator
Work out daily
Read my Scriptures
Give myself a pedicure
Dust
Do art projects with kids
Learn basic sewing skills, mostly so I could make things from Pinterest
De-clutterfy my house
Do a Festival of Trees test run
Plan and execute wonderful nutritious meals
Go to yoga
Read the piles of magazines building up behind the couch
Catch up on scrapbooking (which stops a month after Charlotte's death)
Try on all the jeans in my drawers and get rid of the ones that are hopeless or circa 1999
Shave

Am I slowing down or are the hours speeding up? As much as I would love to accomplish these things, I'm happy there aren't more kid-related things on there. I feel like I spend a lot of good fun quality time with my kids, which, in the end, is what matters most. To you moms who are somehow able to keep it all together, and do it all, (for example, my mother) I salute you. I may be just hanging on to sanity and hygiene, but maybe with tiny kids that's the most I should aspire to right now.

1 comment:

Cristina said...

Either sanity or hygiene would put you one up on me. But you're hanging on to both?! You're an amazing goddess among women!
Love, C--just call me Chewbacca ;)