Wednesday, May 11, 2011


Ava got this book at her 1 year check up yesterday. (All well. Small body, big head. Lots of shots. Slept for 16 hours afterwards. It was crazy.)
Ella was looking through it while waiting for the shots, and began to name the obvious characters within. The little black girl with piggies is clearly Ava. The blond with piggies is Ella's blond friend Caro. The pale (boy) in blue, obviously, is Ella herself. The black boy is friend Elijah, and the pink headbanded child on the trike, clearly, is daddy.
Kids are awesome.
A few hours later Ella was perusing the Victoria's secret catalog (not normal bedtime reading material, I promise) and announced that one of the models, a blond in a white "bombshell" push-up bra, is also "Like Daddy." That is one I would have happily claimed for myself, but apparently not.
Will have to get some tips from daddy.

6 comments:

Kate Park said...

Thanks for making me laugh out loud. Love it.

Alexandra Greer said...

Oh my Ella Belle. She is hilarious. I miss that little demon.

Renee said...

Good thing no one was around while reading this latest entry, they would think I was nuts for laughing so loudly at the computer screen!! Love the comments of children! Ella, you are amazing, never lose that spontaneous spirit. Thanks for sharing Erin! (And if Zar lets you in on the secrets, please share!! I think we would all benefit) :)

Niki said...

AWESOME. Maybe I can get tips from Daddy too? By now everyone knows I need help :) Love it! Hug her for me.

Carleton & Robyn said...

Oh my goodness-what a birthday party. I would love it if you blogged how you made the desserts (I want to copy them for Annie's next birthday party)-beautiful. Ava looked beautiful!

Allison said...

ha! Love that girl.