Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Let it Be

We've been staying busy and happy these past few days. Get togethers with friends, almost an entire church block, two awesome girls nights out, (and the boys got one too), a yoga morning, and we even made it to the park yesterday for a sunny warm winter day on the swings.
I'm trying to take a different attitude to our current situation. (Thanks Aunt Carolyn!) I want to look back on this time and say "Remember that cozy special winter when Lily was with us? Remember how we just took it slow, hung out together, did fun things with the girls, and focused on each other?"
And so I'm focusing on just being well. Friends, good food (and a little junk), exercise, reading, taking deep breaths and letting Ella dump out her sock basket every 20 minutes. Only it turns out, if you leave the socks all over the living room floor for the day, she only dumps them out once!
As for Lily, every morning while the girls eat their breakfast I fill up the baby tub and give her a warm bath with coconut oil for her poor sensitive skin. I massage her head and brush her hair, massage her limbs and thump her back to loosen the goo. I dress her in fleecey footie jammies and hold her out for her sisters to kiss. It's a sweet and quiet few minutes.
With three little girls it's not always serene around here, but we have our moments of zen.

6 comments:

Bugg's mama said...

Erin~

oh, what to say! I haven't stopped by in awhile and so I'm now getting all caught up. I'm sorry life is so tough. I'm glad that you're finding moments of joy & peace with your sweet girls. I bet Lily loves those coconut baths. That will be a treasured scent for you forever, I'm sure.

Love, Bree

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a perfect plan! Charla :)

Tara said...

I am in love with Lily's smile in this picture. Ah, heck, I'm in love with Lily. So glad you're soaking up the good times.

Lacey said...

sounds like good advice for everyone. I love her little smile in the pictures.

The Snell Family said...

loving that sweet smile.

We have Angel Wings said...

I want a coconut bath! Maybe it would help me with my itchy skin.

Lily is so precious and I love her little smile. I'm so glad that you're able to find some joy and happiness in your routine.

♥ T