Thursday, December 16, 2010

(Not Quite) Adoption Day!

I'm the Littlest Big Sister!!
Rare--3 sisters in the same picture!
And now for today's proceedings...

Getting my Hair done...

Waiting outside the Court Room with Dad....Hi Mom...


AND Done! (almost.)
Well, we almost finalized today! Yay!

In fact let's just say we did. Our part is done. Tomorrow a couple of original documents will be turned in (as opposed to the copies our attorney tried to get away with) and it will be complete.
I have been so very anxious this week as adoption day approached. I just knew something would go less than smoothly, and I can't tell you how relieved I am that it was just a paperwork issue, not the judge deciding I'm not capable of handling 3 kids 2 and under. Our judge is not known for being all snuggly and sweet and taking families into chambers and saying this is the best part of her job and let's all have a hug. I was quite shocked at how tough she was on Ava's birth mom (who handled her with INCREDIBLE grace) 7 months ago, so I have been nervous.
Because of this nervousness and feeling that things weren't going to go perfectly, we didn't treat today as a big happy celebration and invite our families to come and throw a party afterwards. We are saving that for our Temple day, which should be on the 30th, if all our T's get crossed in time. That is the day that I can focus on now (or will be able to tomorrow). I am so excited for that day, our true Adoption Day, our Forever Family Day. I could easily get all mushy and weepy right now about how much I love Ava, how much I love her Birth Mom, how grateful I am that they both came into my life, how I consider Ava my daughter and Birth mom my family, but it's still premature! The way I feel about it is today we got our marriage license and on the 30th is our WEDDING. Not many people get to celebrate a 2nd Wedding Day with all their friends and family and kids right there with them. I have felt that Ava has been part of our family ever since she was born so it's nice for the Law to recognize this fact. Now I just want to get her in that white dress!

8 comments:

Cristina said...

Congratulations! YAY for finishing up the legal! I am glad that the Judge was more supportive than expected! Ava is as lucky to have you as a family as you all are to have her. :) All in all a very happy day! Your daughters are all BEAUTIFUL! Love and hugs! :)

{ Bethany } said...

I swear she was just born, and now she looks so big! I'm happy it turned out so well.

~Bethany

The Carlsons said...

Congratulations Zar and Erin! Ralph

Lacey said...

yay so exciting! she looks so big all of a sudden. what a little cutie!

Marsha said...

I'm so excited for you! I'm so glad it will be final soon!

Alexandra Greer said...

Yay!! I can't wait for temple day!!! I love those baby girls so much- all so happy and beautiful. Miss you! Take lots of Christmas pictures!

TMI Tara said...

Oh that pic of Ava waving just made my day. I'm glad your event went with just a minor hitch and am SO SO SO excited for the 30th to come and your family to become FOREVER! You live quite a life, my dear. You amaze me!!!

Kate Park said...

Oh I am SO HAPPY for all of you. She is incredibily blessed to have such a wonderful, loving family and I know she is a blessing for you as well. Can't wait for pictures of her in that white dress!