Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Moo.

I forgot to take my camera today to the hospital, but rest assured Lily looks pretty much exactly the same as she did yesterday. The only difference is her hair is clean and fluffy today, but you'll just have to take my word for it. So here's a pic of our disappearing freezer space. I have started supplementing Ava's bottles with this stash and sneaking it to Ella in a breakfast "Banana drink." I figure the antibodies sure won't hurt, maybe help keep them less prone to colds this winter. I have not snuck it into Zar's food yet, but I'm tempted. Lily is still only getting 3.2 mls an hour through her tube after five days of nothing, so I've had time to build up my "food storage." I also have a full storage bin at the hospital, where they have an INCREDIBLE pump. I swear I was out of there in four minutes flat. 80 cycles a minute. But moving on...

Today the doctor was annoyed that it's taking surgery so long to set a date, but to tell the truth I'm quite nervous about surgery and have not really minded the delay. I have been impressed with how the docs have taken the initiative and have tested Lily for a bunch of issues Charlotte had without us prompting them, so I don't feel like we've been wasting time. For example, they checked her thyroid function which was borderline so they will recheck that and we will probably go home on Synthroid. We didn't catch Charlotte's hypothyroidism until she was almost a year old, as I recall. Maybe even older. It is the ultimate example of the first child being the "experimental kid." Lily will hopefully benefit a TON from what we learned from Charlotte, and my other girls have benefited as well. I'm a much more relaxed mom because of Charlotte, and less likely to lose it over little things that happen every day. I save my break downs for the big things...which unfortunately also occasionally happen every day. But seriously, I have my priorities much more in line because of my Boofus. If it weren't for her I'm afraid my girls would be dealing with a bulimic depressed lunatic. But I digress...

Anyway I figure a few more days of growing and getting over pneumonia won't hurt before surgery. It still may happen this week, especially if this doc has anything to say about it. Although it would be great to get it done before another IV goes bad. It's now in her foot, and soon it will cycle back to her head if we lose any more. I prefer the fluffy hair look.

4 comments:

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

Aww, I can't wait to see her fluffy hair. That is quite a supply you are building up there!

Niki said...

You need to cut back on the spinach ;)

{ Bethany } said...

Wow...I've pumped for my 1st son when he was in the nicu, and I *never* even came CLOSE to that amount of milk!!! Good job, Mama!

Jenny said...

I'm with Bethany. That is one impressive supply! Way to go!:)