Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Baby Zoo



I don't think we will leave the house today. We are just going to snuggle down and be thankful we are all home to enjoy some pre-thanksgiving laziness.
We are doing great. Never did a mother of three kids age 2 and under sleep so well. Lily sleeps in the cradle in our room with her feeding pump clicking away and her sat monitor glowing from the dresser. Last night I got up once to pump and reposition her, and once when she ran out of food, and that was it. I know every night won't be so peaceful but I'm grateful for the ones that are as cozy as can be.
Today we will try to finally get the laundry put away, do a towel load, change the sheets, stretch out Lily's little hands and do some modified tummy time, read "Go Dog Go" 35 times and "We're Different, We're the Same" 12 times, maybe make banana bread with our black bananas, pump every 3 or 4 hours, have numerous diaper changing stations set up, color, eat lunch, nap, take a bath if we get bored, and generally lay around, all with the endless drone of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse in the background (or foreground.) Doesn't sound half bad.

12 comments:

Alexandra said...

Oh those darling girls! I want to hunker down and snuggle those babies all day too- maybe help Ella do some monkey research. Love you!

Jessica said...

I am thrilled that Lily is home! You are so blessed! 3 beautiful girls all brought to you by surprise, with their big sister watching from heaven. I am so happy for you and just hope health, peace, and happiness in this crazy journey you are on. We still love you and think of and pray for you often.
love,
Jessica

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the perfect day to me! Have fun. Relax. Nap. Hunker down for the "big blizzard."

xoxoCarolyn H.

Lacey said...

i hope it's comforting to know that you pretty much described my days, minus the pumping every 3-4 hours and minus having 3 kids under the age of 2 (i have 2 kids under the age of 3) but overall about the same and yes, it is pretty crazy but pretty great. you are a rock star by the way! i hope you have many more peaceful cozy nights!

Anonymous said...

Never has a zoo looked so comfy and cozy. I believe I shall sing "We're going to the zoo, just me and you, where every thing is cozy and the kids love you!"
Charlotte liked the zoo song and enjoyed choosing a different animal every time we sang it at school. Love you all,
A. Murdock

Julie said...

Sounds perfect! A life you are ready to take on! All together! Happy Thanksgiving! I'm so thankful for you and Zar and your darling daughters. We are so blessed to have you in our life! You are awesome!

Love,
Julie

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

Oh my word ... that first photo took my breath away. You are SUCH a blessed mommy, with three beautiful girls in your house!!

TMI Tara said...

Sounds like a perfect time with your three little girls! Oh I'm just SO happy for all of you! I LOVE that picture of Lily and her little sweet smile. Can't wait to watch her continue to grow and show her sweet personality. :):)

AussieJenn said...

How sweet to see three sisters together. Although I'm imagining they are keeping you well and truly on your toes!

Becky said...

Picture perfect - that's what I think. :) Congrats on Lily Pie's homecoming! Love you guys!

{ Bethany } said...

I'm glad you're settling into your 'new' normal! Sounds like nice, lazy day. I'm so glad you're out of the hospital. I hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving holiday! :)

~Bethany

{ Bethany } said...

Oh, and don't worry about the scratches on her cheek...thats what photoshop is for! ;)

~Bethany