Tuesday, October 19, 2010

NICU Day 3 Recap

Visiting Lily through the NICU Window
Ava wonders how she became a Big Sister at 5 months

"Is there something in my hair?"
Today was good. Lily made it to the step down area (still in NICU) and her sisters were able to see her through the window. Ella kissed the glass. Lily continued to eat well and woke up a little more. I felt much better and had pretty decent blueberry pancakes for breakfast.
Zar is going back to work tomorrow and it's been so nice having him around for the last few days. He has been so great running back and forth between the NICU and my room, taking visitors, delivering milk and bringing back updates. I am feeling like I can spend a lot more time downstairs tomorrow which will be good without him here to keep me company. He also has been great taking the girls to grandmas for sitting and taking them home each night to sleep. I've started to complain about being bored and lonely but have been reminded that my days of lazing in bed and pain medication are severely numbered. Like down to One.
We don't know when Lily will be released but she is heading in the right direction. We weren't sure whether she would come home and we are aware of how difficult it's going to be. Yes, we are both scared of how we are going to handle it. But we are experienced (which leads to some of the fear) and we know how worth it all the struggles are. Our lives are nothing if not rich. And we love our girls so much, including our new Little Lily. They are our reason for living at all, and how lucky and blessed we are to call them our own. They are each a miracle in their own way and I remind myself of that everyday. All I ask is for the strength to endure our blessings and the occasional full night of sleep. Tonight is as good as any. See you all in the morning.


7 comments:

Renee said...

Erin, Thank you for your wonderful posts. I find myself checking back many times each day to read your updates on how Lily is doing and how you are doing. Your openness and honesty touch my heart to the core. Thank you! I pray for you and your little family often. Your faith inspires me, your insights touch me, and you always make me smile. May the Lord continue to bless you all!

Becky said...

You are exactly right...ALL of your girls are miracles. Amazing, huh? How'd you get so darn lucky? :) xoxo

Susan said...

Hurray for you! You're constantly in our thoughts and prayers. We're so grateful you're surrounded by loving support. Do you also feel the support of those who show their love by giving you space? I can't wait to see your newest addition. Hope it will be soon. Love to all.

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

Your girls are all such beautiful miracles. I am glad to hear that Lily is doing better and even maybe heading home soon! :)

Amanda said...

You have such beautiful little girls! I hope everything turns out well, and I just know you all will do fine with the little one coming home. You both are strong, which is why you've had special children.

Michelle said...

Lily is so beautiful, Erin! Thanks for keeping us all posted through these ups and downs. Praying for more "ups" for you, Zar, Lily and the girls.

You are one strong mamma!

Angela said...

Thank you for keeping us updated...your girls are so amazing. Glad Lily is making steps in the right directions...

Sending love, hugs and prayers your way.