Friday, October 22, 2010

Mom is Home.

Just chillin'

Lily's first sunglasses tan
It's my first morning home without Lily who is still camped out in the NICU. I am SO happy to be home with Ella and Ava and Ella has chosen to be extra loving to me instead of punishing so that's been great. I need snuggles while Lily is still up at the hospital.
Luckily Lils is doing very well. She had another echo yesterday which was about the same, so she will be coming home on oxygen and we will get hooked up with Dr. Day at Primary's for her cardiology needs. Her PDA could still close but currently it's open. PDA closure is often delayed in trisomy kids. She is eating well and digesting well, currently taking about 50mls by bottle when she's not too tired. The nurse told me this morning that her goal is 63 mls which is being increased each feeding. So our goals are to get up to full feeds, get out from under bili-lites, make sure her sugars are stable and then she will be ready to come home! The NICU staff doesn't like to give you estimates on homecoming but sounds like maybe early next week (?). Tomorrow we get our car seat situation figured out and the 2nd crib set up. Lily will be in the cradle in our room. This morning Ava looked about ready to stand up and leap out of the cradle so perfect timing on that.
The most annoying thing right now is technically I'm not supposed to drive until HALLOWEEN. I am always amazed at how little I remember from this first week or so after c-section later on, and I say "how wise that they don't want you to drive" But I feel fine and totally with it, and much more capable of driving than I did last week when I couldn't reach the steering wheel and was having constant contractions. Oh well. It's hard to not be able to even deliver milk to her but I have lots of offers of help so we will get it figured out.
I have lost 22 lbs this week. As long as I stay on top of my incision pain I feel so great, better than I have for months. It makes such a difference to just get home to your own bed and clothes and family. I'm sure it will be the same for Lily Pie when she gets home.

5 comments:

TMI Tara said...

I'm so glad things are going in the right direction. WE are definitely available for helping you drive around, just only in the evenings. Whether you choose to let us help or someone else, let people help you. They want to. And you need it. So everyone wins!

Love Lily's sunglass line. What a sweetheart.

Tukuafu's said...

There's no place like home! Crossing fingers for Lily Pie to come home too! Loves!

{ Bethany } said...

As soon as I saw it I thought of Lily and HAD to get for you. I hope you're holding up, and when you're not, I hope you have people nearby to comfort you. I know what goes on alone in your room isn't easy, but you are doing an amazing job of being positive and trying to appreciate what you can. So glad you're home where you can get all the snuggles you need. :)

~Bethany

Sally Jensen said...

So happy for you and your little family. I love reading your blog. You are a very talented writer and an even better mom. Loves to you and yours. Sally

adrienne said...

What a beautiful Lily! I'm so happy for you and Zar and the girls. Extra prayers and love for you at this time!

xox,
Adrienne