Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Lily-Bili

That's a big Lily-Bili-Baby. Still 7 lbs 13 oz.


Lily started looking a bit pumpkin-like last night and today is under the Bili lights. She doesn't seem to mind it so far. She almost doubled her feeding amount over night as well although she is quite a messy eater, so it's hard to get exact amounts. This is partially probably due to her tongue tie so I'm going to discuss clipping it with her docs and whether they think that will help her breast feed as well, as pumping is not cool. Last night was definately the last night I can get away with sleeping through, both because Lily will need me and I will explode.
Speaking of exploding, today is the 20th, which was originally the day I had scheduled my c-section. How happy I am that I moved it up. How I love not being pregnant. I have just completed my third and final pregnancy. I tend to forget how much I do not like being pregnant. I have even been known to say "oh I miss being pregnant!" which you know is ridiculous if you have had to spend any time around me in late pregnancy. We recently took more permanent birth control measures, which still left the option for us to try IVF in the future if we chose to. Well that door is now closed as well. During my c-section my doctor found a very very weak spot that apparently was only one cell layer thick. He could see right through it. He said he didn't think it would've held for another few days. He also said that it was "about as close to tragedy as you can come without crossing over." They were telling me all this while I was still being sewn up and I offered to just let them take everything out as apparently it was ready to fall apart anyway, which he didn't feel was necessary. But it would definitely not be wise for me to carry another baby. So that's that! How I love having decisions made for me. I'm not gonna lie. Am I glad I got to experience pregnancy? Yes. Do I realize it's a blessing to experience pregnancy? Sure. Am I sad that my child bearing years are behind me? Nope. Zar has already mentioned adoption again--specifically throwing in the word "boy"--but we will just take one huge life experience at a time.
Hey to any of my co-workers who are reading this. I've gotten a few texts (that of course my phone won't let me respond to) that indicate that Lily and I are being followed at work. I was feeling all loving and gooey this morning under the influence of percocet and thinking how grateful I am for my great job and awesome co-workers. But really, I love everyone there. I have an awesome pair of maternity scrubs someone is welcome to. And clear your crap out of the pump room. See you all soon.

9 comments:

TMI Tara said...

Looks like Lily wanted to be festive for the season of pumpkins. I'm SO glad she's eating better. I can't believe all the major life events that you mentioned in this one post. How you handle it all is simply amazing and glorious and inspiring. Thank you for your example and give sweet Lily a squeeze from me. Good luck in the next few days getting used to hubby being back to work. I'm not much help because I work, but in the evenings I'm MORE than happy to do anything you may need. Frills.

Becky said...

"Clear your crap out of the pump room" LAUGHING! I love your humor. It's right along side mine. :) Glad to hear things are still looking up. She's a DOLL! So beautiful. I can't get enough of the pictures you are posting. That means you must post more. :)

Ann said...

What a dolly, Lilly is precious!

Carrie fletcher said...

Bart and I have been following your blog!! Lily is beautiful!

April said...

Oh my heart is so tender for you as I've read about your past few days.
Little Lily is so beautiful. You are in my prayers...happy pumping!

AussieJenn said...

You and your sweet baby Lily are in my thoughts, as well as all of your family.

Best wishes from a blog follower in Australia.

Alisa said...

Hi Erin,

Just been reading your blog and following updates on facebook. Lily is absolutely beautiful! Glad you are taking things one step at a time. Sounds like there have been many blessings following you around. You are such a good example of faith and strength and humor to everyone who knows you!
Love,
Ali

MK said...

She looks good! Fingers crossed for a quick homecoming...

Amanda said...

Way to go Lily! She's definitely in charge.