Friday, September 10, 2010

34 weeks musings

Ella Discovers her Pet Frog. See her? So does Ella.

I'm not blogging much because I can't really sit on the couch anymore and type comfortably on the laptop. Not enough lap. I'm currently sitting and typing this way while trying to lean way back. It's difficult.

Up until about a week ago I was still feeling mighty comfy and having very few useless contractions (now lounging on side with computer resting on pillow and awkwardly typing with three fingers). And I was thinking what a delightfully easy and short pregnancy this had been, my final pregnancy, and now it seems to stretch on into the future for eternity. That is how not being able to breath makes one feel.

Yes, Thank You Lord, for letting me experience pregnancy, and feel the violent kicks that make me pee a bit. And thank you, as well, for letting me experience the miracle of adoption, no less a miracle, no less amazing, much more comfortable. Mostly just thank you for my children, no matter how they get here, no matter for how long they stay, no matter what's to come.
And thank you for more permanent forms of birth control and the wisdom to use them when it's right.

7 comments:

katherine said...

love it. be well these next few weeks!!!

Jessica said...

Just dropping by to let you know that you and the family are still on my heart often. All the best these next few weeks. We'll be sending up thoughts and prayers.

Jessica said...

Don't know why it didn't recognize my last login, but it's me; Hannah and Eva's mommy.

Anonymous said...

Love and best wishes to you all during these last few weeks and the birth of your precious baby. Love your sensitive blogs!

Love, Carolyn H.

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you and keeping your beautiful family in my prayers...

the dingbat (Adrienne) said...

so great to see you last week, you are the best, and I think you are amazing :) This baby will be much loved just like her 3 sisters!

Katie said...

I love that frog bowl picture. Adorable. Godo luck in the next two months!