Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Wednesday

Woke up from a dead sleep this morning to Ella screaming for me. Which I can't complain about as it was already 7:40 and Ava was still sleeping. But really it's nicer on days off from work to get up with Ava at 6:30 or so and then get to go back to bed for an hour before Ella wakes up. So maybe it was because my routine was ruined that I felt so lousy this morning. I fed both kids and drank my spinach and just couldn't seem to wake up. I went back upstairs with Ava and tried to get her to snuggle with me while Zar tried to con Ella into watching an hour of Sesame Street on her own so I could snooze. None of it was working. Snuggling with Ava was like snuggling with a sack full of puppies and Ella, as soon as dad left, stood at the bottom of the stairs screaming "MOM! MOM!" So I said "OKAY! LET'S GET UP! WE'RE GOING!"
So we went to Liberty Park so Ella could play in the Seven Canyons water fountain. A photo at this point would be great, but I couldn't possibly take any pictures while holding a squirming Ava and monitoring Ella for drowning. By the end of day she had figured out that when you fall down, you can just stand up and save yourself instead of flailing and screaming and drawing the attention of every mother there while your large pregnant mom (who had forgotten to put on make up) stumbles into the water clutching an infant to yank you up by the arm.

When Ava fell asleep Ella enjoyed some apples dipped in yogurt...notice bilateral bloody knees from running from above mentioned pregnant mother just to be funny.
We were there for more than three hours and Ella led us from the fountains to the merry-go-round to the Folk Art Museum (pleasing wheelchair access ramp to run up and down) and back to the fountain to splash with various 3 year old boys...and blatantly flirt with a dad or two...
By the time we left Ella could barely stand and her lips were blue, but here is my concern. Other than a very brief ten minute snooze in the car on the way home, and despite me letting her lay on the couch watching "Minnie", she is not taking her daily nap. This mostly concerns me as she also skipped her nap on Monday. This is not the time in MY life for her to give up her daily nap.


Ava, on the other hand, after demanding that she be held at all times once we arrived home, passed out on the carpet when I sat her down momentarily to rescue Ella from some danger, and there she shall stay.




And the real reason I'm blogging about nothing today, is that it is nearly 5 and I realized 30 minutes ago I had made no dinner preparations, and don't want to. So if I keep busy with other things like blogging and a no-nap toddler, Zar will have to pick himself up some take-out to eat during his much anticipated LOST marathon (season 6 came out yesterday). Plus I'm on call so really should be relaxing as much possible in case I get called in at midnight. So that's how it's gonna be.

4 comments:

Lacey said...

thanks for the glimpse into your daily life. I hope and pray that Ella continues to take her naps, for your sake. My Halle doesn't take hers either and i so miss those couple of hours of quite me time. oh and you are amazing!

Becky said...

bilateral bloody knees?!? I'm LAUGHING! It's not too obvious that you are a nurse. :) Love it. And I love your sweet Ella that keeps your days from seeming TOO boring. Hang in there...

Marsha said...

You are awesome. I would have given up after 30 minutes!

Bugg's mama said...

Way to make it through one of THOSE days. That's what I call a cereal day! Cereal for EVERY meal. Everyone seems to love it!