Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Strange Amazing Life

Stevie, Ava and Chloe

You know, sometimes I'm just amazed at everything I have gotten to be a part of, and it's all been because of my amazing kids. And I'm also amazed at this day and age when it's so easy to find others who are sharing your similar journey, and become friends and support network.
I met amazing Becky years ago when she emailed me after reading something I wrote about Charlotte on Benotafraid.net, a site about carrying to term after a poor prenatal diagnosis. She could tell I was LDS, (Quorum, who else says that?) and we talked about our kids through email and such for years across country, until I finally met her and Ben, just days after Charlotte had passed away. It was an incredible blessing.
And then Benny passed away earlier this year, and I found out online, and sat and cried on the stairs and wished I could be there for her as she was for me. Becky just came out with her amazing daughter Stevie to deliver a small gift--A VAN--to another special needs family who needs it.
She invited me to a little lunch get together yesterday at April's house, and it was an incredibly special afternoon. I got to meet all these amazing moms and their kids, all of whom I had at least heard of and thought of as celebrities but had never met. It was Amazing.
Becky and I were the only ones who had lost our special kids, and we sat and talked about that inevitable and strange journey, and about all the other things moms without special needs kids don't generally discuss daily, and it was incredibly uplifting.
So I'm living this strange amazing life I never would have chosen, but am so grateful for. And I hold my Ella close who is my miracle, and my Ava, who was dropped by God and Charlotte and her first mother into my lap, around my pregnant belly where Lily is crazily kicking and flipping 24 hours a day, carrying the same strange amazing chromosomes as Charlotte, and wonder what other incredible amazing people and experiences and journeys are ahead for me and my little strange conspicuous family. I mean honestly, there are no other words. It's Amazing.




9 comments:

The Snell Family said...

well said!! glad to have wonderful friends and 'celebraties' around us.

TMI Tara said...

YOU are amazing. It was a true honor just being near you. You glow. So glad to now call you my friend!

Ann said...

What a blessing to be able to meet and share with one another - hey I want that too!! Wish you were on the east coast!! You have a beautiful family, and your unfolding story is so inspiring & meaningful to me. Thank you for sharing it!! Ann

Shannon said...

What a wonderful day Erin!! I am so glad that you had so much fun. I love how you referred to your family as amazing and conspicuous...exactly how I feel about mine. We are so lucky aren't we?!

Allison said...

It's amazing because YOU are amazing. Love you very much and so glad you and Lilly are getting good use of that pink maternity dress.Alex told me I looked like a big pink monster in it. Thanks.

Jenny said...

Erin -- I recently found your blog and have loved every bit of it. Your little Ava reminds me so much of my Callie when she was little. You are such an example of faith and love. I'm so impressed with your attitude and...faith. Thank you for sharing your family with us.

~Jenny

Lincoln said...

Amazing life for an amazing woman.

Diana said...

Support networks are an amazing blessing! I have been absent from my old ones recently. I need to find a place to fit. I enjoyed reading your blog... your family is absolutely gorgeous and full of so many miracles! I clicked over here from Bugg's blog and I am so glad I did! You are welcome at my blog, such as it is! ;) ladybugdiana@blogspot

April said...

Oh I just loved being with you--Thank you for coming and for sharing for spirit with all of us! I I'm so happy to know you and have you for my friend!