Thursday, July 08, 2010




Seriously? Well my parent's laptop posts cell phone pics downloaded from facebook as tiny little thumbnails apparently.
My blogging will be fewer and far-er between until we get a new laptop, thanks to Calvin the Burglar. That's what we call him as we got multiple calls to my replacement cell phone asking for Calvin. NO, THIS IS NO LONGER YOUR DRUG HOOK UP. STOP CALLING! Sheesh.
Stay tuned, however; my next ultrasound is next week on Tuesday, so there will be much to see about whether she is developing hydrops or has other obvious problems at this point. She is very active, I will say that. Also my new twin nieces are most likely coming home from the NICU this weekend, so that will be a huge adventure, especially for their (first-time) parents.
My girls are excellent, other than a summer cold they both got this week. Of course someone sent me an email about Pertussis yesterday and I freaked out and took Ava into the pediatrician. Once there she stopped coughing, gagging, sneezing and sniffling and just lay there all calm and placid and even managed to make her lungs sound as clear as day. The doctor clearly thought I was an idiot, (he wasn't our regular doc) and I almost had to pull out my "I lost a child to a respiratory illness" card, but I didn't. I just let him internally mock me.
Other than that the most exciting thing in my life is I have increased my daily vegetable and fruit intake from approximately 0 to much more, I'd say often 5 or more. This is thanks to Montel Williams and his infomercial which featured chubby children drinking smoothies make primarily of spinach. I figured this was a giant scam, and pulled out my Vita-Mix, bought at the fair circa 1999 or so. Turns out a bunch of spinach, mixed with half a banana, half a peach, maybe some grapes or blueberries, tangerines, or whatever else is laying around, really is quite edible, and even Ella asks for it (waving her little finger around her chin) and downs it daily, as shown in the thumbnails above. It's such an awesome blender I don't even need to add any juice or anything, just some ice and it makes a lovely thick green creation which makes me feel quite virtuous. After trying it I thought "Well, after I'm done with this pregnancy I will get really into this." And then I figured "Why not now?" So Congrats to me, and finally being able to eat spinach, 25 years after I vomited it onto my mom's rug after being forced to eat it.

4 comments:

Erin said...

Bad about the robbery. Good news with Ava and nutrition. I might have to try the spinanch and fruit idea.

Lincoln said...

Good to hear you brought out the Vitamix. I can't remember...was I for or against buying such an expensive piece of kitchen machinery.

MK said...

I need to bust out the Jack LaLane juicer but I still can't get into juicing veggies...good for you though...

Becky said...

Can't wait to hear about more about your cute fetus. :) And the spinach? It's my kids FAVORITE smoothy. It's a regular staple around here. Especially in the summer.