Monday, July 26, 2010


Hi there. Reminder: I have no computer. So here is another brief update from my mom's laptop while watching The Bachelorette, The Men Tell All.

Above is a picture of me with my black eye, now healed, which Ella gave me one Sunday night. I endured a couple weeks of stares, stranger's discomfort, and our doctor asking me quietly if I "felt safe" at home.
I had my ultrasound and Lily is looking quite healthy, considering. She doesn't have any signs of trigoncephaly which was Charlotte's pointed forehead which required HUGE surgery at 8 months. Her heart looks good, her brain looks good, her hands and feet look good, so at this point we are planning on her coming home and staying with us for awhile. I wasn't nervous for this ultrasound but now I'm quite nervous for my next one for fear she will suddenly look worse or develop huge problems. I'm suddenly quite big as well.
The twins came home and promptly moved to Colorado. :(
Ava is HUGE at nearly 11 lbs and is just a delightful, beautiful baby. If I ever get a new computer I will post pictures that do her justice. Ella too, of course.
I am picking up another day at work until the baby comes to help with medical bills and because one of our nurses is leaving. So that should be exhausting. Thank goodness for spinach smoothies.
Until next time...

4 comments:

Erin said...

It is great to hear that things are going well, all things considered.

Anonymous said...

So great to hear the good report. Sorry about the black eye, though. Onward and upward! You and Zar are such good parents; these are lucky, lucky girls!

Love, Carolyn H.

TMI Tara said...

I don't remember how I found your blog, but I'm glad I did. Your babies are stunning! Sorry you got a black eye, no fun. I got one once from running into a pole (I'm easily distracted) and I was referred to more social workers to help me escape my abusive relationship than I can even count. I explained, 'Oh no, I ran into a pole.' And they would say, 'You can tell the truth and escape!'

LOL. I know they mean well, but c'mon!

Tukuafu's said...

Lily is perfect! Can't wait to see her!