Thursday, April 15, 2010

Nearly too stressed to function but at least the sun is shining.
New baby could be here anytime! Within the next three weeks Ella will have a teeny tiny sister! I pulled out my teeny tiny little baby clothes yesterday, the ones that Ella, at a hefty 8 lbs 4 oz couldn't quite squeeze into at the hospital. This baby (and birth mom) do not appear to be quite so rotund as Ella and I did, so I am betting on the weensy ones, folded dearly on a dinner plate in the kitchen as we speak.
I also bought a pack of newborn diapers at the "grocery store" today, or the MARKET, as I like to call it, which for some reason can bring gales of laughter from my friends and co-workers.
I'm stressed, I'm on edge, I know anything could happen, Birthmom is more stressed and on edge than I am, so I guess I can be glad it's not my 17 year old body about to go through this ordeal.
Today we are getting that Labor inducing pizza from Cafe Trio for lunch, as birthmom requested on Sunday, although this morning I was informed that her tune has changed. A few contractions and instead of demanding the baby be born NOW, she is willing to wait for as long as she can.
Send her your prayers! To be so young, so far from home, so afraid of what's coming, and to not even want the baby that is putting you through all this? Can you imagine? All I can tell her is it will be over soon, and in a few more weeks she will be wearing her cap and gown (perfect postpartum attire) and graduating with her friends. And I will be the one up all night in dirty sweats. :)

9 comments:

Lacey said...

oh man, such an exciting, scary, wonderous time. i will pray for you and the birth mom to get through these crazy times with peace and comfort in your hearts! oh and that you will get a baby that fits into the teeny tiny clothes, and sleeps through the night! ;)

Tukuafu's said...

I can't imagine what you are going through! Praying for you all & sending our love your way! :)

Becky said...

Praying for you BOTH!!! I can't help but be SO excited for you. Keep us updated!!! :)

Shannon said...

We are praying for both of you! And we love you sooooo much!!!

Susan said...

What a blessing you are to her, and she to you. Sooner or later this will be behind you both!

Anonymous said...

Best wishes to all of you at this very exciting/stressful time. You will all survive and be happy.

Much love to ALL,

Carolyn H.

Michelle said...

Sending loving thoughts and prayers your way. And excitement for you too!!!

Katie said...

I love that sweet little picture!

{ Bethany } said...

I remember being in that same position 9 years ago with my son! (almost the same month, too!) You can reassure her that I had my rockin' bod back in time for HS graduation, too. (amazing how those teen bodies bounce back so fast!)

I am thinking of her and hoping and praying for her. Her sacrifice is so incredible. What a selfless, noble, brave thing to do! I am glad she has you guys to support her through this scary time.

~Bethany