Sunday, February 07, 2010


I haven't abandoned the blog.
It's not even that I have nothing to say. I have a ton to say, to mull over and share, but I wasn't sure if I should yet. I'm still not sure, but I feel safe enough to throw a blog post out there.
A little over a week ago, Zar and I met an amazing girl. I can't say enough about her. She is absolutely incredible. So smart, and beautiful and wise beyond her years. She has an amazing future ahead of her, she is out to change the world. But right now, at 17, she finds herself in a difficult spot, and has offered to us, and her unborn daughter, the chance for family.
This opportunity came on suddenly, two days after I asked Zar "What if someone knocked on our door and offered us a baby? Would we do it?" He said yes.
I knew about this chance when I wrote my last post, my Baby in a Golden Basket post, and hoped then, as I do now, that I had found my golden basket baby. My knock on the door came.
As early as it is, it isn't. Baby is due in May. I'm already on the lookout for a cradle for baby as Ella isn't quite ready for a big girl bed, but she IS ready for a little sister.
So we are excited and scared and I'm not sleeping well, very much like a pregnancy, and yet so much more comfortable. We have a crazy few months ahead, lining up lawyers and social workers and doctors appointments and paperwork, but right now, we are moving forward with hope.

Oh and here is a random photo of us and Elder Robert D Hales and Charlotte's funeral. My goodness, Charlotte has given us so many adventures.

16 comments:

The Snell Family said...

Wow!! I hope it all works out. I will pray for you all. just like me, all girls!!! the boys are so out numbered!

Love you, miss seeing you, and we must do lunch very soon.

Juls

Anonymous said...

May you have peace and calm as you try to work this out. And may the best possible outcome for everyone concerned be the result. Much love to all, Carolyn H.

Kelly said...

That's so exciting! Best of luck to you all.

katherine said...

oh my gosh!! oh, i hope, i hope, i hope for you. k, now back to praying for you too!

Lacey said...

wow that is awesome. good luck with everything!

Tukuafu's said...

So happy for you guys! Ella will be a GREAT big sis! Sending loves to YOU! :)

Shannon said...

WAHOOOOO!!!!!! I know you know already how thrilled I am about this. What a huge blessing you will be in this child's life- and even better what a blessing she will be to you! I can't wait!

Becky said...

ERIN! I'm crying...thanks for that...over my rice crispy treat. My heart is SO happy for you. PLEASE keep us updated. Praying for you and for the sweet 17 year old. WOW!

Jessica said...

Wow, Erin! I am so excited for you and your family. God is definitely at work in your life and is with you as you build your little family up.

This is what I pray for us. My golden basket baby. I hope that God will make it clear the path we are supposed to take.

I'll be praying all works out for you, the birth mom, and the precious little baby. <3

{ Bethany } said...

Oh, I am hoping so hard for you guys! I know how the young girl must be feeling. What a brave, selfless, awesome girl!

~Bethany

Michelle said...

Erin! This is fantastic news! I'm so happy for you and Zar and Ella! Girl? Boy? Can you share those details yet?

Again, so thrilled for you guys!

Heather said...

How exciting for you! And a little bonus for me that you'll be joining the adoptive parent fold. :)

calliope said...

Here from LFCA and very excited for your new adventure! Will be thinking of you all and hoping, hoping, hoping.

Susie said...

That sweet seventeen year old has chosen well for her dear daughter. Best wishes to all.

tireegal68 said...

Hi - I'm here from LFCA. your daughters are both beautiful. I think it's wonderful how your wish is coming true. Maybe we should all voice our wishes outloud:) good luck and congratulations!

jrs said...

Congratulations. Your kids are beautiful and soon you will have another addition. That's wonderful.