Wednesday, February 10, 2010


I feel like a bad mom. Ella really needed a nap, you know? And until yesterday she was happy to nap on the love sac in the family room so I could putter and blog and snooze and read and keep an eye on her whilst she slept. But now, at the ripe old age of 16 months (tomorrow) Ella is a WALKER, and seems to remember this fact moments before she falls asleep on the love sac. And gets up and strolls around all wobbly while rubbing her eyes and whining. Arg.
So I took her upstairs and plopped her in front of the tv in her boppy and turned on baby signing time and went back downstairs. I'm sorry. But I didn't want to cook today and we have a gift card to Red Robin so we are going OUT tonight, and she needs to nap. Cuz momma needs her whiskey river wrap and bottomless steak fries and maybe splurge on a freckled lemonade, although just typing the words "freckled lemonade" made me throw up a little in my mouth. So perhaps not. Beverages should not be freckled. ew.
Congratulations to Ella, my new yittle tot. You look like a penguin.

Continuing with our theme of Eventful Week, we now have an attorney and a social worker all lined up for our upcoming addition! Hooray! Things just continue to fall into place. I did hear that our dear birthmom is having a rough time of it, so send her your prayers. She's just feeling alone and is starting to really show which is hard for a 17 year old going to high school. I can't imagine. High school was rough enough, but luckily she has a lot of support at school from good teachers and counselors.
I can't believe I will hopefully have another new baby girl in just a few months, and that I won't be recovering from major surgery during those first weeks. Sounds ideal to me. Can't say I'm all that bummed about not breastfeeding either, but I may change my tune when stumbling downstairs to make a bottle at 12, 3, and 5 am, and buying can after can of smelly formula.

Thanks for all the well wishes! I can't tell you how blessed we are feeling, and how tender it is to have this happening now, just a few days before Charlotte's First Angel Day. I know that's just another one of our many tender mercies we have been showered with for years.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

We also ate at Red Robin tonight. Yummy! But I agree with you about the freckled lemonade. Yucky name.

I am so happy for you and your growing family. I will thinking of you on Charlotte's angel day. I will also send extra prayers to the birth mom. I remember pregnant friends in HS and peers are very cruel. She needs gentle, supportive people in her life.

I also wanted to mention that, if you choose to, you can induce lactation for the upcoming adoption. If that is something you are interested in, it is very possible and rewarding for mom and baby. Just wanted to share that with you if you weren't aware of it as an option.

Always thinking of you. Love!!!

Becky said...

That picture is AWE-SOME! ;) Thanks for sharing. Congrats on toddler status, before you know it she'll be out of diapers. I can't tell you how ECSTATIC I am for you and this new baby. She will be dearly loved. I've been thinking about you a lot lately knowing that this month will mark a year. You're always in my prayers!!!

Alex Enslin Greer said...

You were supposed to use that gift card for our romantic family meal at Red Robin on Valentine's Day. Remember? Lame. Tell Smella and Little Africa I love them. Chuck already knows it. I tell her myself.

Shannon said...

"You look like a penguin"- Bahahaha!! Cracked me up!

Anonymous said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you all. Thinking of Charlotte. I just put her photo in our 2009 family album, along with details of the special day of her service.

Much love, Carolyn H.

April said...

I'm so HAPPY for you! What a wonderful blessing...Sending love!