Tuesday, October 13, 2009





Three Days of Birthday!
Ella celebrated her 1st birthday this past weekend. It was so fun, but too much cake! As you can see, she got a pony. She also got lots of darling clothes and socks and slippers and books and blankey and a copy of Mary Poppins. Oh yeah, and a tiny frog, Ella's Fella. I think we went a little crazy for her first birthday due to the year we have had. It's hard to believe that one year ago we were introducing fat little Ella to her big sister. How grateful I am that we had four months together before Charlotte left! It's hard to accept that at this point Ella has spent more time without her sister on earth than with her.
Ella's birth is such a miracle for our family and well worth three straight days of celebration (and cake). I can't imagine our lives without her, and how empty our home would be without her. She is truly a gift from Heaven. She is my comfort and joy, my second born, my bright eyed assurance that there is a plan for our family.
Happy Birthday my Ella Bella! Thank you for joining our family just when you did! Thank you for your smiles and giggles and long peaceful nights! Thank you for bringing happiness to our family during such a sad time! Thank you for having blue eyes like sister and otherwise being your own little person. Thank you for waves and kisses and naps.
I love you.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ella is adorable. The photos are darling.

Aunt LeJeune

Michelle said...

I can't get over how adorable she is. Love those blue eyes!

Our Family said...

That was so sweet! She is really the cutest! Shirlene

Spliz said...

she's adorable. and that is a serious looking tutu.

Kelly said...

She is so adorable. Happy birthday, Ella!

Becky said...

That THIRD picture??? It's the BEST! I LOVE it. :) Keepin' it real. That's what I love about you!

Shannon said...

Happy Birthday Elles! We love you!

Katie said...

Gotta say, I love the "too much birthday" shot of her crying over cake. So hilarious!

Marsha said...

The crying over cake picture is too classic. It looks like such a fun time! Happy Birthday Ella. We are sad to have missed it.

Ashes said...

I see that she LOVES the pony. I love the pictures.

Diana said...

Happy birthday Ella! I too was grateful for my 2nd child when I lost my oldest. My son was a little over 2 1/2 when he died, and my daughter was just barely one. She was the only reason I got out of bed a lot on those first days; I knew I didn't want to loose her emotionally. Ella is a doll!