Thursday, October 15, 2009



Our latest photo shoot from Katherine Wallin. We love working with Katherine, she is so fun and friendly and does a beautiful job, and it's less expensive than going to Kiddie Kandids! Check her out at www.wallinphotography.blogspot.com. We did these shots for our 7 year anniversary and Ella's first birthday. Ella wore Charlotte beads in most of them.
I am also hard at work on Charlotte's butterfly tree for this years Festival of Trees. I went to the decorators workshop and to Tai Pan and spent waaaay too much money on beautiful gold, green, and brown sparkly ornaments. And...I haven't bought the tree itself yet! Oh well. For Christmas gifts this year we might do a Butterfly Card with a "Your gift was a donation to Primary Childrens Medical Center." Tee hee. It's a special year, and Zar is especially afraid it's going to be a sad one without Charlotte. I think it's our first opportunity to make sure Charlotte stays a part of our family traditions, and doing this tree is a great way to begin that.
Ella has learned her first sign--MORE! She will sign it when I ask her "More cheerios?" and smile big when I clap and cheer for her. ...unfortunately she doesn't seem to quite grasp it's meaning yet...she will sign it then act furious when I offer her another bite of squash. At this point she recognizes the word and knows the sign, but probably just thinks it means "I'm awesome" based on the reaction it gets. We will keep working on that. Next up? MAMA.

6 comments:

Kelly said...

Great photos!

Michelle said...

I love the butterfly Christmas card idea. What a great way to keep Charlotte part of your holidays :)

Shannon said...

Oh Erin- I get all teary when I llok at your pictures. I LOVE that you kept Charlotte with you in the beads and balloons. And Ella has the most knowing look on her face- and she has her big sisters big blue eyes. They really are just beautiful pictures! We want to donate to Charlotte's tree- and I can either give you the money, or we can go back to Taipan and buy some more gold and green goodness. Love you.

Becky said...

BEAUTIFUL pictures! :) I noticed the beads right off. I can't wait to see the tree when it is finished. Take lots of pictures. Love you!

{ Bethany } said...

I LOVE Tai Pan. My mom worked there duering the hoslidays last year- hello family discount! It was awesome.

I love that idea...I wish they did something like that here in AZ. I wonder if they could at the new children's hospital here. Hmmmm.

katherine said...

erin! thanks for the shout out! your family is a dream to photograph!!! hope you are well!