Wednesday, August 26, 2009




Here's a pic of Charlotte shoving her finger into the back of her eye. I almost erased these pictures months ago because it grossed me out and made my eye hurt, but now I'm so glad I have record of this fun little phase she went through.

Sometimes when I'm not sick, I think to myself "I could really use a little cold or something." Not a big illness, and certainly not a nausea type sickness, but just a cold so I can stay home and wear jamies and watch tv and feel justified. And then I get a head cold and remember that it sucks.
I woke up sick on Sunday. Headache, snot, sore throat, general dizziness and weariness. Zar felt fine and delighted in watching Man Vs. Wild all the day long, and I moaned and flopped myself over furniture and finally went upstairs and napped. We went to my moms later and then all went to the cemetery and sat around on the grass by Charlotte's headstone like we were on some foodless picnic. We left flowers from my moms yard and Zar weeded a bit. It was hot and I had a headache.
On Monday I woke up feeling lousy but I was working a late shift and you can't call in sick on late shift unless you are dead because it's just rude. So I took dayquil and went to work, noticing on the way that my fingers were numb and it was kind of hard to focus my eyes.
Whenever I take dayquil I tell myself never to take it again, because it's better to be snotty and weary than confused and tipsy. Then I forget and take it again. The day FLEW by and the very busy night we were supposed to have fell apart and I got to leave early, thank you so much dear co-workers. I went to my mother-in-laws Monday night dinner and stared into space, allowing my family to care for and bathe my daughter. By now Zar was feeling lousy too, and we went home and went to bed early.
Yesterday I felt less achy but I had taken Nyquil the night before and it made me feel hung over. Luckily Ella was feeling lazy too and we both lay on the floor and watched episode after episode of Deadliest Catch and took naps on and off. After a long afternoon snooze I woke up feeling better. Of course I had to drug myself again last night in order to fall asleep after snoozing all day.
Today I have big plans to actually leave the house, maybe clean a little. I have already gotten 30 minutes of exercise and washed my hair, so as you can see I'm on the right path. Now, however, Ella is napping and it looks pretty good. Yes there is a mountain of laundry to fold and a bathroom tub to scour, but I would rather just blog about nothing and be proud of the fact I am fully clothed for the day. One more recovery day won't hurt.

7 comments:

Alex Drake said...

Just remember to wash your hair.

Alex Drake said...

PS. I'm glad that it was just a head cold for you and not what I had on Saturday.

Lincoln said...

Wanna know what word I hate more than any other word? Sputum.

Sorry...that's what I think of when someone is sick...since i coughed up gallons of it two weeks ago.

Becky said...

LOVE recovery days - and don't feel one ounce of guilt! You work too hard every other day to feel guilty. I'm glad that Ella allowed you to get some rest on your sick day. :) Thinking of you...

survivingbaby said...

I tagged you for the Honest Scrap Award! Go to my blog and pick it up!

Marsha said...

I hope you can at least enjoy today! Also, I hope everyone in your family is feeling better soon!

Shannon said...

Yuck! I am so sorry that you haven't been feeling great- hope that everyone gets better soon!