Tuesday, June 30, 2009


Dear Charlotte,

Four years ago today you came into the world and it has never been the same. The day you were born was the best day of my life, after about 4 pm anyway. You were so wide-eyed right from the start. So smug and knowing too.

You had lots of dark hair and little chubby hands and dark blue eyes which never changed color. You weighed six pounds and five ounces, absolutely huge! That is, until 8 pound 4 oz Ella came along...

You brought your whole family together that day. You continued to bring your family closer in the following months and years. Thank you for that.

Thank you for breathing that day, four years ago, thank you for drinking from a bottle like a champ, thank you for laying in my arms all night that first night and looking back at me.

I love you, my tiny first born, my miracle, my beautiful all-knowing old-souled daughter. You changed me forever and all for the better.

I miss you.

Happy Birthday.

Love, Mom

9 comments:

Jessica said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Charolette! I know all too well the joy you brought to your family by being so strong and brave. I pray my sweet Eva has as full a life as you did.

Lincoln said...

So adorable. Good post Bean.

Jennifer said...

Just wanted to let you know that you and your family are in my thoughts today.

Shannon said...

Happy Birthday Boofus- we love you and miss you too.

Katie said...

We love you so much sweetheart! And we miss you every day. You changed everyone who ever met you, and always for the better. We will come visit soon! Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

No one who knew her will ever forget Charlotte, and we are all the better for knowing her. Thinking of all of you this week with love.

Aunt Carolyn

Susie said...

Dear Ones,
You were in my thoughts yesterday. I'm so grateful to know Charlotte and to have witnessed the great love she awakened in those who knew her. What a happy thing to be so loved. A very tender picture and tribute.

Allison said...

I started crying in my car yesterday on the way to moms house thinking about Chuck. I want her back. I want her to be at Sunday dinners. She is irreplacable. But then I thought how tired she would be of being tethered to that heavy oxygen tank and having to be lugged around. I thought about how free and happy she must be in heaven and that was (again) so comforting. I'm sure she was thrown a lovely party in Heaven. LOVE YOU VERY MUCH.

We have Angel Wings said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Charloette!

I'm thinking of you and holding you close to my heart.