Saturday, December 06, 2008

I just want everyone to know that I use this blog to decompress and deal with stuff that happens to me. It's sometimes quite dramatic and maybe difficult to read about living with a seriously ill child, but it really really helps me to write about it.

Please know that we are fine, that we we have been dealing with stuff like this for more than three years, that we aren't traumatized or falling apart. Scary experiences come with parenthood, especially special needs parenthood, but it's worth the time we get with our daughter. So please don't worry about me or Charlotte. 95% of the time she is the happiest girl on earth. Her life is fragile, but all life is.

2 comments:

Chris and Laura said...

I hope you don't mind me reading your blog. But I just couldn't help myself. When I read your last entry I cried...then I read it again and cried some more. I read it to my husband..he cried. I can't even comprehend your pain. It would be so hard to do what you do. No parent should have to watch their child suffer!! I wish I could do something...but I can't. I'm grateful you write. Thank you for sharing!!

Shannon said...

Oh my Erin... first off I have to say- your writing is incredible. I know I have told you that before. Even though you say don't worry- we are "used to" dealing with this- just remember that we worry about you guys because we love you. All life is fragile- that's true- but because we realize that little fact it's all the more important to love, and care, and worry about the people that mean something to us. I think that you and Zar are amazingly strong people- and I am so grateful that Boo is doing better!