Saturday, November 12, 2005


Kind of Funny Yet Disturbing Story about Dads:
Zar called me at work today to say:
"you'll never believe what Your Daughter did."
Expecting a cute anecdote about rolling from side to side or almost holding her head up, I smile and say:
"what did the Booper-doo do?"
He launches into a story about a very full diaper, weighing in at an estimated 23 lbs, soaking wet fleece jammies and the cover of the love sac needing it's second washing in it's two year history residing at our house.
At first I'm actually concerned-what would cause a baby to pee THAT MUCH?
EXPLODING KIDNEYS?!?!
BLADDER COMBUSTION?!?!
Then I ask when he last changed her diaper.
"Not since you changed her this morning before work."
It is now 1:00 pm and I left for work at 7:00am.
To make matters worse...
I DIDN'T change her before work. In fact I haven't changed her since last night at 10:30 PM! After all, she sleeps through the night and was still sleeping when I left, and for some reason I decide to let Zar (and therefore, Boo) sleep.
So Baby Boo has been laying in her fleece jammies from the night before, wearing a 15 hour old diaper. If that isn't enough to be turned into Child Protective Services, I don't know what is. And yet I share this story with this reminder:
Mom was at work earning the insurance coverage.
Dad
was in charge of the 23 lb diaper.

2 comments:

Badger said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Spliz said...

And the lesson is you have to tell the dad to change diapers.
I learned that one the hard way.